Cant find medical help after accident involving semi

Asked about 3 years ago - Dalton, GA

I was in an accident June 2011. I have been to the er twice. They believe it to be nerve damage, but my regular Dr wont see me. I've called everyone in the phone book and no one will see me because I was a passenger. I do have my own medical insurance., but no one will accept it. It's been almost 3 weeks, and neither of the dribets' insurance has contacted me.

I am in severe pain and my lawyer has yet to do anything productive. He doesn't even have the police report. I signed a contingency contract.

What should I do? Any medical advice? Should I find a new lawyer? How do I fire this one?

1. Kenneth L. Shigley

Pro

Answered . Since you have an attorney, call him or her. Three weeks is not much time.

2. Sam Louis Levine

Answered . Hello. I am so sorry that this happened to you. I would be happy to speak with you about your case, your concern for getting medical treatment as well as the rest of your concerns. I can be reached 24/7 @ (404) 468-4689 or by email @ sam@samlevine.com.

Good luck & take care.

Sam Levine, Esq.
    www.samlevine.com

3. Stephen Mark Ozcomert

Answered . You need to speak with your attorney and see if he or she is knowledgeable about getting you the medical treatment you need on a "lien" basis. You need the treatment and all else is secondary. I cannot recommend that you fire your current attorney, however, it is important for you to know that you have the right to do so should you become dissatisfied. Also, the ethical rules do allow you to consult with another attorney for a "second opinion". Should you desire to speak to a lawyer, feel free to call.

Best,

Steve Ozcomert
    404-370-1000

4. Glen Edward Ashman

Pro

Answered . Your attorney should be able to suggest medical providers that will see you. Call him.

5. Daniel Paul Buttafuoco

Pro

Answered . You should direct your questions and concerns to your attorney.

6. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

Answered . Since you are currently represented by counsel, I suggest you give your attorney a chance to get the ball rolling. It is not surprising that your attorney may not yet have a copy of the traffic accident report. In some states, such as Vermont, the state has 45 days before a traffic accident report is due.

Contact your attorney and discuss your issues with your attorney.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

7. Christopher Donald Elster

Answered . If you continue to have problems you may need to go to the ER again and they may be able to refer you to a Dr. that is willing to see you.

Based upon the information you have provided there does not appear to be any reason to change attorneys. As was previously stated it can take time to get an accident report, especially since the accident took place this month. Unfortunately, the legal system does not move quickly. However, you may want to contact your attorney and let them know about your trouble with obtaining treatment.