Cannot change passport name to match the married name that was filed for I-130

My wife only has one name but when I filed the I-130, we decided to add my last name (as married name) in her application in order to avoid having FNU in her first name. We were also thinking at that time that we could add my last name to her passport.
However, we now found out that it is not allowed to add my last name in her passport in the country where she is from. So what should we do? We’re at the stage to submit the DS-260 online. I still could change the name to using FNU before submitting DS-260 but I was thinking to leave the name as is. If they need to change it to FNU, I am hoping that it can be done at the interview. Would there be any problem though? Should they change it to FNU, can I still change it to having my last name at the POE?
Please help. Thank you very much.

It appears that you are talking about India ... a country that has, to be nice, has 'strange' rules.

What name does her birth certificate have?

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

You would be best advised to indicate her legal name. This is the name typically on the person's birth certificate or passport.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. No recipients of content from this answer, clients or otherwise, should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the answer without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a licensed attorney. Provision of information on this website does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and The Law Offices of Grinberg & Segal, P.L.L.C., nor is it intended to do so.

In the application indicate her legal name, also disclose all the names she ever used, including the one on marriage certificate with dual last name. You should not have any problems, this is a typical situation for some countries. Later on you can have her name legally changed.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics