Skip to main content

Cannot afford fine added to fix-it ticket

Los Angeles, CA |

I received a fix it ticket in Los Angeles and got one part of it fixed in time for my court date (insurance), but not the other part which was broken headlight. I have since gotten the headlight fixed but after the court date additional charges of $300 were added which I cannot afford to pay. What can I do?

Attorney Answers 1


Was the additional 300 fines or court fees? Generally, fees cannot be worked off i.e., community service etc. If it is a fine however you shoulld ask the court if you could do community service to pay off the fine. Note, there is a small charge to sign up for community service, at least in our county. In the alternate ask for an extension to give you time to make payment arrangements. Best of luck to you

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics