Cancel I130

Asked about 1 year ago - San Antonio, TX

I have did file for my father and Mother for I13O But some reason only my Father file got approved. My Father do not want to come usa without my Mother and he is telling me to cancel the file and re do the file for both of them at same time. what is the best reason i can give to uscis.gov to cancel the file for my father that won't be a problem when they do go for visa when i re do the file for them
so what is the best reason i can tell uscis.gov to cancel the file for my father?? and i can re do file for both of them again
Thanks

1. Michael Hugh Carlin

3

Answered . You do not need to cancel your father's I-130. But you should communicate with US immigration officials at the National Visa Center (NVC) to be sure that your father's case at the NVC is still open. You should file an I-130 for your mother. After your mother's I-130 is approved, you will then be able to do NVC paperwork for both your mother and father to apply for permanent resident status.

I strongly suggest that you consult with an immigration attorney, to have the best chance of success.

2. Anu Gupta

Pro

Answered . File for your mother.