Skip to main content

Canandian 6 months stay in USA

Fairport, NY |

I was wondering USA allow Canandians to stay up to 6 months is with in a year or for each time a Canandian enter can stay up to 6 months?
Will the Canandian get trouble to cross the Canadian border when they go to Canada when ? Also, what will happen to the Canandian if she or he didn't tell the Canada govertment about leave Canada for over 6 month? What is the best solution when cross the Canada border?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Canadians are allowed to stay for six months on a visa waiver out of the 12 months cycle. You need, seek a visa.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

  2. There are really several answers to this question.

    Mr. Segal is correct in that a person from Canada is 'waived' in for 6 months at a time.

    But, the more important question is: What do you intend to do in the US during that 6 months?

    As for 'telling' the Canadian government that you are leaving ... I'm not so sure you need to ... why are you concerned?

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

  3. Why is there a concern for telling the Canadian government? And why do you think a Canadian have trouble crossing into Canada?

    Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics