Canadian Citizen & Business in USA

Asked about 1 year ago - Houston, TX

Can a Canadian citizen start a business in USA. I am planning to start a Cost Consultancy/Engineering service business in USA.

I would be providing my services On-Site to the engineering companies helping them as cost consultants. May be as a On-Demand contractor?

Is it possible and under what visa?. I would like to talk to the right lawyer to take it further.

What visa do I qualify.

1. Hector J. Lopez

3

Answered . You may have different options depending on several factors. An E-2 investor's visa may be one of many possibilities but It's best to discuss in private with a business immigration attorney.

2. J Charles Ferrari

3

Answered . An E-2 visa would be needed.

The Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit recently stated: "The Immigration and Nationality Act is a bit of a beast. It is not known for being warm or cuddly; words like "intricate" and "Byzantine" come more readily to mind. Nor is it known for being easy to understand; we have often re-marked on its fiendish complexity."

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

3. Fadi N. Minawi

1

Answered . Hi there - it certainly sounds like you have options. Our office (being in Toronto) deals with many Canadians in the same scenario. Feel free to contact myself or other qualified attorneys.

Niren & Associates
    www.visaplace.com
    fadi@visaplace.com
    (toll free) 1-866-929-0991
    (local) 416-410-7484