Canadian Citizen & Business in USA

Houston, TX |

Can a Canadian citizen start a business in USA. I am planning to start a Cost Consultancy/Engineering service business in USA.

I would be providing my services On-Site to the engineering companies helping them as cost consultants. May be as a On-Demand contractor?

Is it possible and under what visa?. I would like to talk to the right lawyer to take it further.

What visa do I qualify.

An E-2 visa would be needed.

The Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit recently stated: "The Immigration and Nationality Act is a bit of a beast. It is not known for being warm or cuddly; words like "intricate" and "Byzantine" come more readily to mind. Nor is it known for being easy to understand; we have often re-marked on its fiendish complexity."

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

You may have different options depending on several factors. An E-2 investor's visa may be one of many possibilities but It's best to discuss in private with a business immigration attorney.

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and should not be relied as legal advice on your case. You may call my office at (832) 305-5382 to schedule a consultation if you require specific legal advice. Law Offices of Hector J. Lopez. 1201 South Shepherd Dr. Houston, TX 77019. www.hjlopezlaw.com

Hi there - it certainly sounds like you have options. Our office (being in Toronto) deals with many Canadians in the same scenario. Feel free to contact myself or other qualified attorneys.

Niren & Associates
www.visaplace.com
fadi@visaplace.com
(toll free) 1-866-929-0991
(local) 416-410-7484

Legal disclaimer: For specific advice on your case, Mr. Minawi can be reached at 1-866-929-0991 ext. 206 or by email-fadi@visaplace.com.This answer does not establish an attorney client relationship. www.visaplace.com