Can your health insurance be cancelled without notice?

Asked about 4 years ago - Tuscaloosa, AL

I had back surgery, I have been on leave. My health insurance was cancelled without my knowledge. I found out the day before I was soppose to go have a mri done. I needed this before I could return to work. Now I have no health insurance and cannot have the test done, I cannot go to the doctor even to have him release me. They sent me my cancellation papers a week later. They actually cancelled it 3 days before the later said it was soppose to be.

1. Jonathan Robert Geisen

1

Answered . I am based in Birmingham, but would be happy to refer you to someone in Tuscaloosa. Please feel free to contact me via the information listed in my avvo.com profile.

Please note that I am licensed only in Alabama and Georgia. The foregoing is general information only, not specific legal advice. No attorney/client relation has been created or should be implied.

2. Sam Louis Levine

1

Answered . It depends on what your ins. policy states. Was it an individual or group policy? Go over your policy /w an attorney in your area.