Can your court appointed attorney refuse to give you your files?

Asked about 1 year ago - Carthage, TX

my son did a PSI report prior to court . Does that report have to be filed with the courts? And can your lawyer refuse to give them to you

1. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

6

Answered . They cannot be filed with the court because that would make them public records. Probation is supposed to allow us to view them but not give us copies. He should be able to review it at court with his attorney before the plea.

2. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

4

Answered . The reports are not filed and yes, the attorney represents your son, not you and must refuse your request for any file to you, who is not his client.

3. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

4

Answered . You should discuss this directly with the lawyer. He can refuse to give them to YOU if you are not the client.