Can you visit USA during the time you have taken a waiver as a green card holder?

Asked over 1 year ago - Roanoke, VA

I have taken two years waiver as a green card holder. If i have to visit USA during the period of the waiver, can i do that? And if I do so, shall the waiver be effective for rest of the period for which it was issued or it will become expired.

1. Ralf D. Wiedemann

1

1

Best Answer

Answered . It is not clear what sort of a waiver you are referring to. If you have a green card now, what are you waiving? If you have obtained a reentry permit that is valid for two years, then the answer is yes, you can return to the U.S. during those two years as often as you wish. The reentry permit is valid through the expiration date of that permit.

2. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . A waiver of what?

3. Christian Schmidt

1

Answered . You question is not clear. What was the reason for you to apply for a waiver?