Skip to main content

Can you visit USA during the time you have taken a waiver as a green card holder?

Roanoke, VA |

I have taken two years waiver as a green card holder. If i have to visit USA during the period of the waiver, can i do that? And if I do so, shall the waiver be effective for rest of the period for which it was issued or it will become expired.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    It is not clear what sort of a waiver you are referring to. If you have a green card now, what are you waiving? If you have obtained a reentry permit that is valid for two years, then the answer is yes, you can return to the U.S. during those two years as often as you wish. The reentry permit is valid through the expiration date of that permit.

  2. A waiver of what?

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

  3. You question is not clear. What was the reason for you to apply for a waiver?

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics