Can you visit USA during the time you have taken a waiver as a green card holder?

Roanoke, VA |
Filed under: Immigration Green cards

I have taken two years waiver as a green card holder. If i have to visit USA during the period of the waiver, can i do that? And if I do so, shall the waiver be effective for rest of the period for which it was issued or it will become expired.

It is not clear what sort of a waiver you are referring to. If you have a green card now, what are you waiving? If you have obtained a reentry permit that is valid for two years, then the answer is yes, you can return to the U.S. during those two years as often as you wish. The reentry permit is valid through the expiration date of that permit.

A waiver of what?

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

You question is not clear. What was the reason for you to apply for a waiver?

The waiver was applied because I intended to be away from USA in connection with my present job. The reason I have asked this question because I may have to visit USA to interview a few companies to get a job in USA itself

Christian Schmidt

Christian Schmidt

If are you referring to a re-entry permit, you can return prior to its expiration.

But my question is; does the waiver expire on entry to USA or I can make multiple entries and exits because i may have to come a few times for interviewing before I land with a job in USA and meanwhile I would not like to quit my present job outside USA and stay in USA without any job