Can you use Wisconsins DNA Database (that Felons must submit DNA profile to) to determine paternity

Appleton, WI |

Is there a way to use a DNA sample from the Wisconsin DNA Database to determine paternity? My ex was very abusive, so I don't want to go that route to get a DNA test. However, I know that his DNA is in the database becaues he is a felon. Is that a possibility?? Thank you!

1. Only if he consents. Three kinds of people can get information regarding a DNA sample. 1, Law enforcement personnel; 2, a defense attorney; 3, the individual whose DNA is to be analyzed. There are privacy concerns about other uses of DNA samples.

If you're receiving any kind of public assistance (food stamps, daycare assistance, Badgercare, W2, whatever) your local child support enforcement people should be willing to help you with getting a paternity order.

Child custody topics