Can you try for deferred disposition for an M.I.C. if you are already on deferred disposition for a speeding ticket?

Richardson, TX |

I am on deferred disposition for a speeding ticket and am not to receive another violation until February 21, 2013. I was wondering if I am still eligible for deferred disposition for an M.I.C. that I was just charged with. I was also wondering if conviction of an M.I.C. would violate my deferred disposition for my speeding ticket.

1. Of course! Your chances are going to be better if you have an attorney (especially if your cases are in Richardson Municipal Court). Nothing prohibits you from getting another deferred and you really want to prevent convictions on both charges if at all possible. A conviction on the MIC will definitely violate the deferred on your speeding ticket. I would contact a ticket attorney in your area.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.