Can you travel to Japan with a misdemeanor (DWI) on your record?

Asked almost 5 years ago - New York, NY

I will be going to Japan for a business trip soon. Will having a DWI on my record be an issue for my entrance into the country?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Warren Jeffrey Roth

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . It is my understanding that Japan will allow you into the country for 90 days without the need for a Visa. You should not have a problem.

    If you are truly concerned you can call the Japanese Embassy before you go. The Japanese Embassy is located at 299 Park Avenue, New York NY 10171, and their phone number is 212-371-8222.

  2. Linda Medeiros Callahan


    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I am not aware of any restrictions for travel to Japan due to a misdemeanor DWI conviction. You should be able to check the Japanese consulate online to find out for sure.

  3. Edward Jerome Blum

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I concur with the other attorneys. 1 DUI conviction should not stop you from traveling to Japan.

    Edward J. Blum

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Instant span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now