Skip to main content

Can you travel the US, with just the ID given by USCIS with the DACA program or can it inflict a problem?

Mesa, AZ |

I was accepted for the deferred action for childhood arrivals but only have the ID they give to you and if I was to want to travel on a plane maybe, would there be a problem with security or just getting a ticket what else is require to travel inside the US.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    Within the US, yes. To travel outside the US, you must have advance parole.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

  2. It will not "inflict" a problem. You can travel with a combo card. At least, until the next executive policy change.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

  3. You should be able to get a drivers license or state ID card.

    Law Office of Daniel M. Wigon - 916-447-8975. This should not be taken as legal advice. Consult with a local attorney before making a decision that could adversely affect your rights.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics