Skip to main content

Can you sue your parents if they abused you as a child?

Chicago, IL |
Filed under: Child abuse

I was physically, verbally, mentally, and emotionally abused by both my parents, and now, at age 23, I cannot function in society. I live with a room mate who pays all the bills and I dont leave the apartment for days, sometimes weeks. I am scared of people, I have attempted suicide 3 tims and been in 9 mental wards. My parents abuse has ruined my life and I want to know if I can sue them for the money I need to be able to stay alive, and if so, what kind of lawyer would I need to look for?

Attorney Answers

No attorney answers yet.

Child abuse topics

Recommended articles about Child abuse

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics