Can you sue two different companies for the same incident...

Asked about 5 years ago - San Diego, CA

I have been lied to by a hospital or Coroners office on which one said I could not view my father after he died... The hospital is saying the Coroner said family could not view body, Coroner said, he never got a phone call asking if family could view body, and if he had it would have been ok... So one of them is lying.. Either the Nurse never made the phone call and just said we couldn't view the body for whatever reason.. Or the Coroner did get the phone call, but lied... Neither one is confessing who lied, so can I take them both to court at the same time or do I have to have two separate cases...

1. Kenneth Lewis Swenson

Answered . An injured party may name more than one defendant in a civil action. Before filing the sort of case you have described in your question, you should consult with an attorney to discuss the particulars of your matter and for any specific legal advice.

2. Jonathan H Levy

Answered . I would add if the Coroner is a county official, you will need to file a government tort claim within six months of the incident.