Can you sue the state of texas for a wrongful arrest? i was booked for resisting aresst

Asked over 1 year ago - San Antonio, TX

at civil trial jury did find the police officer guilty of excessive force. can i file a criminal liability on the county?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Macy Michelle Jaggers


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I'm confused. You've already won a civil trial? I don't understand your question.

    Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers... more
  2. Jacqueline R. Kriebel


    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . These seem to be separate issues. First, do you have the scenarios reversed? Was the officer found guilty of excessive force in a criminal court? If so, then yes, you can sue the county and the officer individually. Since the burden in criminal courts is much higher than civil you should have a slam dunk case for the civil case.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,729 answers this week

2,982 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,729 answers this week

2,982 attorneys answering