Skip to main content

Can you sue someone who files a false PPO against you? Can you sue someone who steals pics of your infant son and posts them?

South Bend, IN |

My sister has recently placed a false ppo against me-stating I'm stalking and harassing her through text messages and calling her. Also claims I pulled in the drive way and sat there. She also claims I am slandering her online. In fact she has been the one along with my mom who have been harassimg me through the phone. She recently stole pics of my son from my sister and laws facebook and posted them online. when my sister in law went to defend herself my sister baited her into calling her and then placed a ppo order on her! She also posted online under my sons picture, You will go down with my husbands name and my name legally! She has posted slanderous posts on at least two other websites where she calls us drug users. How can she get away with this? she can do whatever yet place a false

Attorney Answers 3


Just ignore Rita and it will go away. If not send her a Cease and Desist letter.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


Have a local lawyer send a cease and desist letter.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


As already suggested, have an attorney send a Cease and Desist letter. Also, if you were successful in having the PPO cancelled or removed, discuss with the lawyer the feasibility of an "abuse of process" claim against them.

Mark as helpful

Internet law topics

Recommended articles about Internet law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics