Can you sue if you had a Lasik enhancement after 6 years and the surgery made your eyes worse?

Melbourne, FL |

I went through a living hell for 6 months while healing just to be able to wear glasses again. My prescription was only one prescription lower than 20/20 for near and far distances. The 6 months worth of suffering, complaining and waiting for my eyes to heal was a living hell. My eyes have aged 10-15 years now.

1. You need to get a free consultation with a local medical malpractice attorney.

2. The heading of your post mentions 6 years and you indicate in the body of your post that it was 6 months. Which is it? 6 yrs, you likely missed the time to bring a claim. 6 months, you could have a claim if the treatment fell below the standard of care. Talk with a local medical malpractice lawyer.

This response is not intended to act as legal advice. I am not licensed to practice law in any state other than the State of Illinois. No attorney-client relationship is formed until you sign an attorney-client agreement with my office.

3. If the lasik surgery was 6 years ago, you're deadline to file a lawsuit likely expired years ago. But that is really a question only a Florida lawyer could address. Each state has variances in their statute of limitations and how it's applied.