Can you sue if you almost bleed to death because a lab tech is drawing your blood and you're begging her to call the nurse

Raleigh, NC |

I have had a blood clot that is 15 cm x 9 cm, (1month old) and my blood was gushing out while she was doing her job. I almost died!

For medical malpractice you first have to show that there was a breach in the standard of care. From your description, I can't tell that there is such a breach. More importantly, in addition to a breach, you also have to show that the breach actually caused damage. You can't recover any money for something that almost happened, only for things that actually did happen.

Although a response is provided to the specific question, there may be other facts and law relevant to the issue. The questioner should not base any decision on the answer and specifically understands and agrees that no client-lawyer relationship has been established between Bradley A. Coxe or Hodges & Coxe PC and the inquirer.

Recommended articles about Personal injury