Can you sue for cybernullying and cyber harassment

Asked 7 months ago - Kissimmee, FL

G

1. Raymond Traendly

3

Answered . Possibly. In order to give you a more thorough answer though we would need more facts. In Florida, Cyberbullying is defined as: "bullying through the use of technology or any electronic communication, which includes, but is not limited to, any transfer of signs, signals, writing, images, sounds, data, or intelligence of any nature transmitted in whole or in part by a wire, radio, electromagnetic system, photoelectronic system, or photooptical system, including, but not limited to, electronic mail, Internet communications, instant messages, or facsimile communications. Cyberbullying includes the creation of a webpage or weblog in which the creator assumes the identity of another person, or the knowing impersonation of another person as the author of posted content or messages, if the creation or impersonation creates any of the conditions enumerated in the definition of bullying. Cyberbullying also includes the distribution by electronic means of a communication to more than one person or the posting of material on an electronic medium."

New Tort causes of action are becoming more popular like Cyber Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress. The conduct must be extreme or outrageous enough and cause severe emotional distress. You should seek the assistance of a local attorney to go over ALL of the facts in your case.

2. Samuel Watson Eastman

Pro

2

Answered . Yes, there are instances where you may sue for internet related behavior such as cyberbullying and cyberharassment. Whether or not you may do so depends on the facts and circumstances. I recommend contacting an attorney experienced in this area of law to evaluate your situation to determine if there is a cause of action worth pursuing. Best of luck.

3. Golnar Sargeant

2

Answered . Yes, but you have not provided any facts for an assessment by the lawyers.