Can you sue amazon.com for distributing a product (kratom) that is dangerous and may have caused death.

Hastings, MN |

Amazon.com advertised the product as a tea addative, but it is known to be an opiat alternative and is very addictive. One of the side effects of withdraw is suicidal thoughts. The kratom manufacutures are small shops, but I feel that amazon is responsible for distributing substances that can harm that can harm. I also feel that they used false advertisement for this product.

You have made a series of assertions about the product that are very serious. But, you haven't told us whether you actually purchased it, ingested it, were harmed by it, or were misled by the advertising about it. In fact, you haven't asked a question at all. Have you suffered personal injury from ingesting this product? Did you purchase it from Amazon?

It was purchased by my son. He committed suicide shortly thereafter. I think he bought it else where also. When he died he had suboxone in his system. I think he was going through withdraw. Orator withdraw can lead to suicide.

When he asked if he could order it I looked it up and it was misleading. once I read more about it I canceled my credit card, but it was to late

Stephen Joseph Cipolla

Stephen Joseph Cipolla

I am very sorry for your loss. In this situation, I think you need to see personal injury lawyer to assess what claims you may have and against whom. Make sure you can identify the specific manufacturer and distributor of the product and bring the bottle or container with you to your initial appointment. You have my deepest sympathy.

I agree with counsel. I recommend you see a lawyer rather than make unsubstantiated allegations on a forum like this

Kazerouni Law Group, APC is a law firm concentrating its efforts in the area of consumer law, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 U.S.C. §§ 1692 et seq. (“FDCPA”), and California's Rosenthal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, California Civil Code §§ 1788-1788.32 ("Rosenthal Act"). Our lawyers are specially trained in the Federal FDCPA, Consumer Defense, and other consumer related matters. Our goal is to protect you against unfair, deceptive and abusive debt collection practices. Creditors, professional debt collectors, and attorneys who violate the law are subject to paying damages, statutory penalties, and the consumer's attorneys fees and costs. If you feel you have been abused, deceived or treated unfairly, you may need a lawyer. We can be reached at 800-400-6808, or through one of the evaluation forms on this or at our own website at www.kazlg.com. The information provided on this website is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice or as forming an attorney-client relationship. No attorney-client relationship between the reader and Abbas Kazerounian has been formed. If you are in the State of California and would be interested in a formal free consultation either visit Kazerouni Law Group, APC website at www.kazlg.com or call me toll free at 800-400-6808.

If you were injured by a product, retain a local defective products lawyer to investigate.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

You do not have a viable product liability case where a product "may" have caused harm, but did not in fact cause harm.