Can you sue a social media site for not giving you an invitation increase?

Asked over 2 years ago - Tampa, FL

If someone has more connections than you and they refuse to give you an invitation increase?

1. Jonathan Edgar Pollard

4

1

Answered . Not likely. Even if such is provided for in the terms of use, those terms probably allow the website to change the terms unilaterally and without notice. Such a lawsuit would probably be deemed frivolous.

2. Scott E. Chapman

3

1

Answered . Look at their Terms of Service. Therein lies your answer. It is not anything for which you would have a claim, unless other facts dictate.

3. Barry Franklin Poulson

2

1

Answered . You can politely request that a site honor their terms of service. Without a more explicit contract, it would be difficult to sue. The matter is one that would tempt a judge to disallow the suit. I suppose, with enough money, you could hire an attorney to craft a sufficiently detailed complaint that the court would consider it. But, did you execute a contract?

4. Daniel Gary Rosenthal

Pro

2

1

Answered . No. Especially since nearly all of them are free services. You're choosing voluntarily to use their services, under their terms.

5. Maurice N Ross

Pro

1

Answered . No. You have no right to use the social networking site, and it has obligation to increase the number of connections that it gives you. Social networking sites generally have terms of use that define your rights and their obligations to you---and I am confident that the terms of use provide that you have no right to require them to give you more connections.