Can you sue a school if a teacher has admitted hitting the child?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Oxford, MI

My son was assaulted by his teacher not once but twice because he didn't have his eyes on the board, not for misbehaving. The principal says they diciplined the teacher but she did not even spend one day suspended. I have addressed the issue with the school board as well. Now the principal is bullying my son, and has accused him of fighting, which adults who were present said no fight occurred. The principal refused to talked to the noon aides to clear my sons name and has said the punishment stands. He is refusing to allow him to attend 5th grade activities.

1. Answered . Take it up with the school board OR city council.
    If you don't like what's going on then SUE the teacher
    PLUS the school board.

2. Answered . Public school or private? If this is a private school, your rights and options are substantially narrower than if it is a public school. If this is a public school, you will inevitably need legal counsel to sue successfully.