Can You Sue a Movie Theater For Falling?

Tonawanda, NY |

Recently, not even a day ago, I fell at the movie theater while going to view The Dark Knight Rises. As we walked in the isle between where the front seats and upper seats are separated, both me and my friend slipped and fell on some sort of substance on the floor. We don't know to be honest if it was butter or if it was a drink. Please note, the theater did have some lighting in it that was coming from the screen but no sort of lights installed (from what I could see) in the large middle isle. My friends injuries were not serious but mine have cause my horrible pain in my left knee and ankle and I am seeing a doctor tomorrow. Can I sue if I am more injured than anticipated(as well, I am in summer school to get my diploma since I missed a gym credit so it's very inconvenient).

1. Sorry about your situation. You may sue. Two issues need to be established. First, that the theatre has legal responsibility for the incident. Second, that you have a quantifiable injury. Tort law is not necessarily "fair". No injury = no claim. Legal equivalent of no harm = no foul. Speak to an attorney, see the doctor tomorrow. Good luck.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff www.nyelderinjurylaw.com

2. Slip and falls are tough to prove and vary tremendously from state to state. Consult with a local lawyer for specific answers.

http://www.phillyinjurylawyer.com/

Please note that we are not forming an attorney - client relationship and the advice is meant to be general. Law Offices of Joel J. Kofsky 1616 Walnut Street Suite 2110 Philadelphia, PA 19103 http://www.phillyinjurylawyer.com/

3. I do not think I am going too far out on a legal limb here to speculate that the day anyone wins a case against a movie theatre for not having enough lights on during the movie will be unique.

The fact that there is always or almost always schmutz on the floor of a movie theatre is a problem for you. Slip and fall cases are not the 'slam dunk' of popular belief. There is an article linked below on the subject:

Law Offices of Andrew D. Myers, North Andover, MA & Derry, NH provide answers for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be given by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, thoroughly familiar with the area of the law in which your concern lies. This creates no attorney-client relationship.

4. You can sue a movie theater the same way you can sue any other establishment, as long as you can prove negligence, whether you slipped in a theater watching the Dark Knight or whether you were attacked by someone else.

The answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is for informational purposes only.

Lassen Law Firm
    1515 Market St #1510
    Philadelphia, PA 19102
    215-510-6755
    http://www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

5. Dear Can You Sue a Movie Theater :

How did the visit to your physician go? As was previously mentioned, you need to establish both (i) duty of the movie theater, and (ii) injury to yourself. Historically, you will need to have sustained an injury beyond superficial (e.g., slight bruising or sprain would be considered superficial) before even considering and looking into whether or not the movie theater was responsible for your injury. Only once both elements are established will you have the chance of successful suit against the movie theater.

Kindly post what was learned from your physician and we can discuss this matter further.

6. yes you can sue see a lawer.

The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Howard Roitman, Esq. and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.