Can you sue a dental office for talking about your child?

South Gate, CA |

They talk about her as soon as she walks in to the office to any one that will listen because her dad cussed out the receptionist. When she walks in the door they roll eyes and just talk about her continuously even after she leaves in tears.

The problem is she has braces and i am not sure if a another dentist could take that over. They also charger her for everything even if a bracket brakes and they act like they see nothing because she cries the whole appointment

Likely not. I would recommend finding a different dentist.

I am licensed in California, therefore, my answers are based on general prinicpals of law or California law, which may not be applicable in your jurisdiction. Answers posted to Avvo are for general information only. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. Every case depends is fact dependent, and responses are limited to and is based on the information you posted. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.

Generally, for slander, you need to show a false statement of fact (not true, not opinion) that causes damage.

The information/answer is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. Consult an attorney regarding your individual situation. This attorney is only licensed to practice law in California. Your question and this answer do not create an attorney-client relationship. Do not send/post any confidential information.

Sorry to hear about this, but best bet is to suck it up and finish out the treatment. A lawsuit would be fruitless.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com