Skip to main content

Can you sue a county for false imprisonment?

Wylie, TX |

pulled over as a passenger in a vehicle, taken to jail in hunt county for what Texas State trooper said "probation violation out of Kaufman county. Long story short...never was, not even. Posted bond for we dont know what, nor did the bonding co. Only to be told by kaufman county clerck and judge, "Sorry, we dont know how that happened". oh, and the trooper stole the drivers license..Thats the story. lost some time, money, dignity and a drivers license, can I sue?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You can try. Government employees have a great deal of immunity--even for "clerical errors" that result in wrongful arrests. Look for an attorney that handles civil rights violations. If you can't find one on Avvo, feel free to call my office for a referral in the DFW area.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer