Can you sue a company if you were wrongly accused of stealing from them and got arrested, fired and fined, but u beat the case?

Asked 9 months ago - Cleveland, OH

I was the manager at this used electronics place three years ago. They sell anything electronic you can possibly think of! So one month, I put up a few things for sale on craigslist (a laptop, three ipods, a tv, car audio, rims, and two cars). Well they tried to say that the electronics I was selling was theirs, and I was placed under investigation and suspended without pay. I filed unemployment a few months later, and got it. The company tried to stop it by saying they offered me the job back and I turned it down. Months later, I didnt have money for a lawyer, and ended up with a court appointed lawyer. All he did was talk me into taking a petty theft plea, and since I didn't have money for a lawyer, I just said fine. I reopen and beat the case a few months when I got money for a lawyer.

1. Neil Scott Rubin

1

Answered . There is also a possibility of a defamation cause-of-action. You should consult an attorney because these waters are difficult to navigate.

2. David William Neel

Answered . You might have a malicious prosecution case. Were all charges stemming from the employer's complaint dismissed?