Can you sue a company if you were wrongly accused of stealing from them and got arrested, fired and fined, but u beat the case?

Cleveland, OH |

I was the manager at this used electronics place three years ago. They sell anything electronic you can possibly think of! So one month, I put up a few things for sale on craigslist (a laptop, three ipods, a tv, car audio, rims, and two cars). Well they tried to say that the electronics I was selling was theirs, and I was placed under investigation and suspended without pay. I filed unemployment a few months later, and got it. The company tried to stop it by saying they offered me the job back and I turned it down. Months later, I didnt have money for a lawyer, and ended up with a court appointed lawyer. All he did was talk me into taking a petty theft plea, and since I didn't have money for a lawyer, I just said fine. I reopen and beat the case a few months when I got money for a lawyer.

1. You might have a malicious prosecution case. Were all charges stemming from the employer's complaint dismissed?

My responses/answers are not legal advice and should not be considered or relied upon as such. The purpose of my responses/answers are solely to provide help and guidance. No attorney-client relationship is intended to be established nor is one established by virtue of my responses/nswers.

2. There is also a possibility of a defamation cause-of-action. You should consult an attorney because these waters are difficult to navigate.

This post is not meant to: 1) contain my signature; 2) contain legal advice; 3) create an attorney/client relationship; or 4) guarantee confidentiality.