Skip to main content

Can you sue a bar for a stabbing that results in death? fight starts inside & people kicke out and no police were called

Clarksville, TN |
Filed under: Wrongful death

fight breaks out in club bouncers throw everyone out and watch fight and person gets stabbed and dies and no police were called until then.

Attorney Answers 5


This is actually not an uncommon scenario. You need to consult with an experienced TN personal injury attorney as these cases are very fact specific.

In seeking an attorney on this site, beware of limiting your search to attorneys with a 10 rating, and carefully read the AVVO disclaimer regarding their rating system. There are certain factors that are given great weight which do not necessarily have any bearing on an attorney's experience, abilities, and results with certain types of cases. Accordingly, the rating numbers can be misleading. Also beware of basing your choice on the fee charged, as a low fee, depending on the skill, experience and determination of the specific attorney handling your case, could actually have an inverse relationship to the amount actually put in your pocket.

Mark as helpful

7 lawyers agree


Depends on the facts of the case. I would immediately talk to a local PI attorney at your convenience.

Best of luck for a sad situation...

This email (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. §§2510-2521 and is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any retention, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. This email (including attachments) is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by return email and delete this email from your system

Mark as helpful

7 lawyers agree


Depending on the circumstances, the bar may have some responsibility here.
Any lawsuit must be filed within one year of the date of the incident. The proper person to bring the case is the spouse of the decedent. If the decedent was not married his or her parents can bring the claim. If the decedent was unmarried and his or her parents are deceased there is still a way for a claim to be brought. Consult with an experienced lawyer to see whether a claim can be filed against the bar and the person who stabbed the decedent.

Doctors cannot diagnose diseases over the Internet, and lawyers can rarely determine someone's legal rights and responsibilities over the Internet. Lawyers who answer questions in this type of forum do so with the hope of providing basic education, not providing the advice and guidance one would get after a true legal consultation. Thus, please use my responses only as a way to help you gather information and ask better questions of the lawyer you employ to help you in your legal matter. Licensed only in Tennessee.

Mark as helpful

10 lawyers agree


It's very possible. Consult with a qualified personal injury attorney immediately.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


It really depends on the facts. Yes you can recover with the right facts.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Alabama. Responses are based solely on Alabama law unless stated otherwise.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics