Can you stop someone from putting flowers or arrangements on my husbands grave site

Staten Island, NY |
Filed under: Family law

my daughter hates me and I want to know if I have any legal right to prevent her from taking my property off the grave and putting hers on

I don't think you can stop her from putting something down. It may be a crine to take what you put. Speak to the cemetary office.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

Unless you get some type of restraining order you would not be able to stop someone from placing flowers on a gravesite.

You cannot stop her from placing flowers on a grave site. You may however prevent her from taking your property off the grave site. Speak to the cemetary officials and get their input.

Recommended articles about Family law