Can you still dispute a credit card debt after a judgement? I could not show up to court and a judgement was filed and

Asked about 5 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

can you still dispute a credit card debt after a judgement? I could not show up to court and a judgement was filed and the collection agency is taking money out of my checking account.

1. Matthew Edward Williamson

Answered . If they are already taking money out of the account, it's probably, but not definitely, too late to dispute it and ask for a set aside of the default. When the judgment was entered would help answer.

You are entitled to keep a chunk of your pay. Make sure you read over the paperwork they gave you and file your exemptions (money you get to keep) immediately - GO DO IT RIGHT NOW!

Good luck with your situation.

Take Note: Common Sense and this environment (the internet) require me to remind everyone that this answer isn't legal advice, and shouldn't be relied upon. Remember-every state has different laws, rules and regulations and each person's situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a thorough evaluation and review of all the facts and documents at issue, including potential investigation. By answering or posting information here, it doesn't create an attorney-client relationship.

Matthew Williamson