Can you somehow sue separately for negligence, malpractice, and non-disclosure? At any point is non-disclosure criminal?

Asked about 1 year ago - Daphne, AL

Or criminal in its actions in court? My surgeries have been botched, I have sustained permanent nerve damage and paralysis to my right leg. Dr.chose to lie to me at every turn instead of being honest about mistakes. He knew his hardware placement was off, but ignored two weeks of calls that I couldn't feel my leg (I had to go get a scan showing 5mm of a screw in my nerve root before he re-operate/6:00 am). Med rec show he was planning to move the cage closer to center, but didnt due to massive scar tissue that had formed in TWELVE days time! Once again, he had never disclosed the issue,I only discovered the screw(med rec show two screws penetrated not 1)BECAUSE I GOT a ct scan. DIDNT DISCLOSE PARTIAL CORPECTOMY IN SURGERY EITHER! Just seems criminal to me as a patient to trust a dr and be

1. Elizabeth Taylor Herd

Pro

Answered . Generally you cannot split your causes of action in large part because of the impact that doing so would have on the court systems resources. In addition, by definition a failure to disclose sounds like it is unintentional. For a criminal action you would have to prove that the provider intended you harm. That is a tough tough burden.