Can you smoke medical marijuana outside in public?

Asked about 1 year ago - San Francisco, CA

Can you smoke outside in front of you apartment building if you can't smoke in your apartment, for instance?

1. Christine C McCall

Pro

3

Answered . The most reliable source for on-going issues pertaining to safe med mj practices is California NORML, a non-profit, membership organization and the only state organization devoted specifically to marijuana reform. CA NORML publishes a newsletter, lobbies lawmakers, sponsors events, offers legal, educational, and consumer health advice, and sponsors scientific research.

From the CA NORML website: http://www.canorml.org/canormlmission.html

"WHERE CAN MARIJUANA BE SMOKED?
    SB420 bars marijuana smoking in no smoking zones, within 1000 feet of a school or youth center except in private residences; on school buses, in a motor vehicle that is being operated, or while operating a boat. Patients are advised to be discreet or consume oral preparations in public."