Skip to main content

Can you satisfy an arrest warrant issued from one county in another county? ie surrender and post bond

Oak Lawn, IL |

Am curious to know if you can surrender on an arrest warrant in a county different from the county that the warrant was issued?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You can surrender, but normally not bond out till transferred.


You can surrender but until transfer there likely will be no bond


Yes you can but your best bet is to retain an attorney in the county where the warrant was issued. Depending on the circumstances under which the warrant was issued, you may be able to have the warrant quashed. At the very least, an experienced attorney can coordinate the surrender so that you remain in custody for as short a time possible before getting before a judge.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer