Can you remove a restraining order?

Asked over 4 years ago - Aurora, CO

i am the protected party. it has not been four years since the order, it has just been four months. i want an order removed right away. can it be done, how long will it take, and how

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Culver Winston Van Der Jagt


    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . Try this:

    To access forms online, go to the website at and click on the “Self-Help Center”. Please click either PDF or WORD by the title of the form. You may complete a form online or you may print it and type or print legibly in black ink.
     JDF 397 Motion to Dismiss Permanent Protection Order
     JDF 415 Order Vacating Protection Order
    After you have done your best on these forms, you may want to consult with an attorney for a half hour or so to make sure that they look right, then file these... I don't think there will be a filing fee for doing this, but you should ask the clerk that question.
    I hope this is helpful!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,680 answers this week

3,165 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,680 answers this week

3,165 attorneys answering