Can you re-open a closed red-light camera ticket citation?

San Francisco, CA |

I was given a red-light camera ticket. I did a trial by declaration because I live in San Francisco and couldn't take time off work, and I couldn't see the light because of glare. I was found guilty and denied traffic school, even though I've never gone to traffic school here. I submitted an appeal so I could appear in person in court, and didn't sign the document (I kept my copy with the signature, by accident) and they closed my case and didn't grant me an appeal. Is there anything I can do to re-open the case, or retroactively take traffic school?

1. Your best bet to reopen this case is to file an appeal. It appears the time may have elapsed to file a notice of appeal. Best bet is to consult an attorney to determine if this is what happened. I must say that your defense - that you "couldn't see the light because of glare" - is not a valid defense. Good luck.

2. Get an attorney to see if they can get matter on calendar and get you traffic school.

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777

3. yes - hire an attorney to fike a motion to vacate judgment and set a new appearance date. I am local and would be happy to discuss 855-349-2849 is my toll free number

The above answer is for general information only and is based on the information you posted. Every case is fact dependent, so to get a thorough analysis of your situation, you will need to consult face to face with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where the incident took place. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case.

Traffic tickets topics