Can you push for community service for an MIC?

Asked 10 months ago - Tempe, AZ

I blew a very low BAC and was extremely cooperative. This is my first offence and do not want to pay a fine because I'm a starving college student.

1. David Kephart

3

Answered . Typically they'll offer a class that if you complete it they'll dismiss your case.

2. Adam Feldman

Pro

1

Answered . Yes. This is a very plausible outcome for this type of case. Ideally, the defendant will be permitted to enter into a diversion program. This program may include classes, community service, and/or alcohol testing. A successful completion of this program will result in a dismissal of the original charge.

Adam Feldman
    The Feldman Law Firm, PLLC
    1 E. Washington Street, Suite 500
    Phoenix, Arizona 85004
    (602) 540-7887
    attorney@afphoenixcriminalattorney.com
    www.afphoenixcriminalattorney.com

AV® Preeminent™ Rating
    2013 Super Lawyers Rising Star
    AVVO 9.8/10 Superb Rating

3. Brian Petersen

Answered . I was in court this morning and a Judge agreed to give an individual with a MIC diversion which means you enroll in a counseling program that you pay for yourself and if you successfully complete the program then the charges are dropped. There is no guarantee that the State will be willing to recommend that to the Judge but you can certainly ask for it. If that is the outcome you are looking for I highly suggest talking with an attorney and remember that outcomes cannot be guaranteed by anyone.