Skip to main content

Can you process somebody's green card while you're already processing another person?

Mcallen, TX |

My husband wants to start processing my green card but his parents are asking him to do theirs at the same time. I was just wondering if it was possible to do the three at the same time.

Attorney Answers 7

  1. Best answer

    Yes he can do all 3 of you at the same time as long as he earns sufficient income to sign the affidavit of support stating he earns the required income to support the 3 of you and any other dependants

  2. Yes, depending on the income.

    The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

  3. I agree with my colleague. Do also, note that if your husband does not have sufficient income for you and his parents, it is possible to use a "joint sponsor" (another person who has sufficient income) to support one or more of the cases when the Affidavit of Support is required.

    Answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship.

  4. Yes.

    The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

  5. Not a problem, as long as can meet the income requirements for each.

    Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

  6. Yes.

    Angelique Montes, Esq., Immigration Attorney in Houston, Texas. This is not legal advice and a client-attorney relationship is not created. The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

  7. Yes. Your husband can petition for you and his parents at the same time. He must be able to establish in the I-864 that he has sufficient income under the federal income poverty guidelines to support everyone in the household, including you and his parents. You can revew the federal income poverty guidelines at

    The information provided is intended for informational purposes only and should not substitute for the advice and counsel of an attorney. This information does not constitute legal advice. We ask that you consult with a lawyer, as your facts are unique and because each situation requires analysis from many different perspectives. We cannot be responsible if you rely on information based on this website without the consultation of an attorney.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics