Can you process somebody's green card while you're already processing another person?

Asked 11 months ago - Mcallen, TX

My husband wants to start processing my green card but his parents are asking him to do theirs at the same time. I was just wondering if it was possible to do the three at the same time.

1. Karen-Lee Pollak

6

1

Best Answer

Answered . Yes he can do all 3 of you at the same time as long as he earns sufficient income to sign the affidavit of support stating he earns the required income to support the 3 of you and any other dependants

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

9

1

Answered . Yes, depending on the income.

3. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

7

1

Answered . Not a problem, as long as can meet the income requirements for each.

4. Karen Ruth Seiden

6

1

Answered . I agree with my colleague. Do also, note that if your husband does not have sufficient income for you and his parents, it is possible to use a "joint sponsor" (another person who has sufficient income) to support one or more of the cases when the Affidavit of Support is required.

Answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship.
  5. Stephen D. Berman

4

1

Answered . Yes.

6. Angelique Giselle Montes

2

1

Answered . Yes.

7. Ili J. Subhan

Pro

1

Answered . Yes. Your husband can petition for you and his parents at the same time. He must be able to establish in the I-864 that he has sufficient income under the federal income poverty guidelines to support everyone in the household, including you and his parents. You can revew the federal income poverty guidelines at http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/...