Can you parole out anywhere in the state of texas or do you have to go back to the origanal county of sentanceing

Edinburg, TX |

can you parole to a different town in same state

You can parole to wherever the parole board approves, which may be different than the place of offense. (Generally there needs to be a support group in place - family, a job, etc.)

Cynthia Henley

You do not have be on parole in the county of the offense. The parole board recognizes a person will be more successful with a support network.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.

You can parole anywhere you have an approved residence plan.

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website,