Can you lose your green card for pleading guilty to a felony wanted endangerment charge?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Bowling Green, KY

The charge is a DUI with 2 counts of wanted endangerment for having two minors (age 13/14) in the car while driving intoxicated. He is here on a green card currently through his work and the attorney said he can get it benched for 2 years on a felony diversion charge, however wont it make him lose his green card status because he is pleading guilty and they are just not sentencing him yet?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. 3

    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . You need to consult with an immigration lawyer ASAP as to the effect on ICE if he enters a Pretrial Felony Diversion Program in KY. This is a technical area of the law an you need an experienced immigration lawyer's advice.

    I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this... more
  2. 5

    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Yes, there will likely be immigration consequences to a felony charge. He needs to consult with an experienced immigration attorney ASAP and definitely before agreeing to any sort of plea.

    Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.... more
  3. 3

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . There are serious immigration consequences to pleading to a felony charge. Consult an immigration attorney before entering a guilty plea to any criminal offense.

  4. 4

    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Yes. DO not plead without a consultation with an immigration attorney first. Please heed this advice, you will be later glad you did.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866)... more

Related Topics


The definition, charges, and penalties for driving under the influence (DUI) vary by state and depend on a number of factors.

Felony DUI

A felony DUI is a much more serious offense than a misdemeanor DUI and it will carry steeper penalties in the event of conviction.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

35,098 answers this week

3,765 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

35,098 answers this week

3,765 attorneys answering