Can you help me file a civil suit against my neighbors for false accusations made to police, and false arrest?

I was recently arrested for trespassing and found guilty in Westmorland Co. VA. I went to appeals court, and was granted a nol pros, because I was on my own property to begin with. My neighbors have filed numerous bogus charges against me for no good reason at all. I have won all of my cases. Can you help me recoup my legal fees, and get some justice (clear my good name), and have justice served upon these neighbors who will not leave me alone?

Hague, VA -

Rixon Charles Rafter III

Rixon Charles Rafter III

Litigation Lawyer - Fairfax, VA

You'll need to contact an attorney directly to discuss your specifics and in particular your objectives. You can call the VA State Bar and request referral to an attorney near you, or use the avvo 'find a lawyer' option to locate an attorney. This site makes a poor substitute for a help wanted ad.

Brandon Harvey Zeigler

Brandon Harvey Zeigler

Family Law Attorney - Virginia Beach, VA

Depending on the types of cases filed against you and the outcome of those cases, you may have a claim against them for abuse of process and/or malicious prosecution. If you were successful in either or both of these causes of actions you could seek to recover the attorney fees that were incurred in the successful defense of the "bogus" charges/complaints. This is not a case you should consider handling by yourself. Seek out an experienced attorney in your area and review all of the facts with him/her. These types of cases are difficult to prove and expensive to prosecute but if the evidence supports the summary attached, you may have successful claim.

Rachel Elizabeth Wentworth

Rachel Elizabeth Wentworth

Criminal Defense Attorney - Chesapeake, VA

If you have a clean record, aside from the charges brought by your neighbors, you can also hire an attorney to petition to have the charges expunged from your record. They may have been dismissed, but anyone running your criminal history will still see that you were charged.

Related Advice