Can you help me file a civil suit against my neighbors for false accusations made to police, and false arrest?

Hague, VA |

I was recently arrested for trespassing and found guilty in Westmorland Co. VA. I went to appeals court, and was granted a nol pros, because I was on my own property to begin with. My neighbors have filed numerous bogus charges against me for no good reason at all. I have won all of my cases. Can you help me recoup my legal fees, and get some justice (clear my good name), and have justice served upon these neighbors who will not leave me alone?

1. You'll need to contact an attorney directly to discuss your specifics and in particular your objectives. You can call the VA State Bar and request referral to an attorney near you, or use the avvo 'find a lawyer' option to locate an attorney. This site makes a poor substitute for a help wanted ad.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.

2. Depending on the types of cases filed against you and the outcome of those cases, you may have a claim against them for abuse of process and/or malicious prosecution. If you were successful in either or both of these causes of actions you could seek to recover the attorney fees that were incurred in the successful defense of the "bogus" charges/complaints. This is not a case you should consider handling by yourself. Seek out an experienced attorney in your area and review all of the facts with him/her. These types of cases are difficult to prove and expensive to prosecute but if the evidence supports the summary attached, you may have successful claim.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Zeigler is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia, United States Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, United States Bankruptcy Court (E.D. VA) and United States District Court (E.D. VA). Any comments posted are based on an analysis of only Virginia law or relevant federal law and the limited facts given. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this posting. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights.

3. If you have a clean record, aside from the charges brought by your neighbors, you can also hire an attorney to petition to have the charges expunged from your record. They may have been dismissed, but anyone running your criminal history will still see that you were charged.