Skip to main content

Can you have a judgement removed/vacated in the state of Missouri?

Webb City, MO |

I have 2 judgments on my credit report for creidt cards that I was sued on. Both of which have since been paid in full. I have read that in some states if the attorney that brough the suit against me agrees to file a 'Vacatur of Judgement' that the judgments can be removed from my record and would then drop off of my credit reports. Is this the case in Missouri?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


The best way to find out is to call the attorney that brought the case against you and ask them whether they would agree to vacate the judgments. If so, you would need to make sure the stipulations are properly filed with the court. Once the documents are filed, you can send a copy to the credit bureaus and request that they update your credit report to reflect the removal/vacature of the judgment. It can't hurt to try!

This is not legal advice. Seek a consultation with an attorney in your jurisdiction. An attorney/client relationship is not sought or formed by the participation in this website. I am licensed to practice law in New York and New Jersey.


Something I have done when a client had a default judgment but agreed to a payment plan was to negotiate with the opposing attorney to have the default set aside and the case dismissed. I am not familiar with the concept you desire.

My comments are general in nature, are not legal advice as to your specific issue, and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. Disregard this solicitation if you have already engaged a lawyer in connection with the legal matter referred to in this solicitation. You may wish to consult your lawyer or another lawyer instead of me. The exact nature of your legal situation will depend on many facts not known to me at this time. You should understand that the advice and information in this solicitation is general and that your own situation may vary. This statement is required by rule of the Supreme Court of Missouri.


There is no such thing as a "Vacatur of Judgement" in Missouri. You may have the attorneys who brought the cases file a "Satisfaction of Judgment," but the judgment will still show (but as paid or "satisfied"). The credit reporting companies determine whether or not that affects your credit.

Bankruptcy and debt topics

Recommended articles about Bankruptcy and debt

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer