Can you hangout with someone with an open case while on 5 year felony probation

Babylon, NY |

my girlfriend is going on 5 year felony probation and i have a open misdemeanor possession case . will she get violated for hanging out with me ?

1. I think convictions is the key... read your terms and conditons of probation form

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

2. Talk to your probation officer.
    I would think that she is not convicted, so she has no record.

This is not legal advice. If order to give you legal advice i would need to see the Tickets and talk to the court first. Good luck:)

3. I agree the AVVO posters. It is important to review the terms of probation, speak with the probation department, and ask your prior attorney or public defender.

4. I think that unless she has other convictions for felonies this would be o.k. unless she becomes convicted. You might want to discuss this with your probation officer carefully.

If this answer was helpful please click that block. Answers in the forum are only general and it is always best to contact a criminal defense lawyer to discuss your case. We handle NY, NJ and all Federal Court cases. Bukh Law Firm P.C., 14 Wall Street, New York NY 10005, (212) 729-1632. www.nyccriminallawyer.com

5. The answer is NO. she cannot get violated under this scenario even if she were actually a sentenced individual. Good Luck.