Can you go to traffic school for a speeding ticket in AZ? We live in CA.

Asked almost 5 years ago - Encino, CA

We were in AZ (Phoenix, Scottsdale) and radar got us twice in the same day!!! About 13 over each time. Is there a way to fight radar tickets? What do traffic lawyers charge for this? If not, can my boyfriend go to traffic school in CA for something he received in AZ? I do not agree with these radar cameras, I think they are an invasion of privacy. It's one thing for a police officer to pull you over, but for a camera to get you indefinitely, that's just wrong.

1. Matthew Blake Wallin

Answered . In order to find out if you are eligible for traffic school, you will need to contact the court in the county where you received your ticket. They will let you know whether you are able to take a traffic school course in CA or if you will have to take one in AZ. You should be able to find their contact information on the ticket.

2. John M. Kaman

Pro

Answered . Radar cameras have been taken out of service in some counties of AZ becasue of reliability concerns. This increases the chances you can get your ticket thrown out. It's worth paying for a lawyer.

3. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . Traffic camera radar have been dismantled in some AZ locations due to public pressure. Call a local lawyer in your area for details.

You might find my Legal Guide helpful "How to Choose A Lawyer For You"

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/how-to-cho...

You might find my Legal Guide helpful " What Do I Tell My Lawyer"

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/what-do-i-...

Good luck to you.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an atttorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.