Can you give me a list of countries that have a very good track record of returning children to the United States

New York, NY |

Can you give me a list of countries that have a very good track record of returning children to the United States, that were taken/retained in violation of US child custody orders? Can you give me a list of countries that have a very bad track record never return children to the United States? There are countries that are Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction that do not return children to the United States. There are countries that are not party Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction, that return children to the United States.

1. Wrong question. It should be, "Which countries' court systems facilitate return or block return based upon adherence to local policy and interpretation of the Hague Convention?"

That no one knows. You take your chances in every case.

2. The Department of State website would be a good resource.

3. There are over 190 countries on the planet. Why don't you ask about specific countries to get specific answers.

I am an attorney with over a decade of experience in Matrimonial and Family Law with offices in Brooklyn and Manhattan. I have experience in all five boroughs as well is Nassau and Suffolk County. I can be reached any time at 347-289-5886. The opinion expressed in this ad based upon the limited information provided and do not indicate an attorney-client relationship

4. I don't think any attorney in this field has dealt with enough international child custody cases so as to do a comparative analysis amongst even the 40+ signatories on The Hague Convention. You're probably best off scheduling a consultation with a NYC Child Custody attorney & presenting your situation to him/her for a full assessment.

* If you found my answer to be "HELPFUL," or the "BEST ANSWER," please feel free to mark it accordingly.

Child custody topics