Can you get your pistol permit reinstated in CT and how?

Hartford, CT |

If you lost your pistol carry permit due to a misdemeanor 53A61 many years ago in CT. Can you get it reinstated? If so how do you go about doing this? Do you need an attorney?

1. You reapply for the permit! If your misdemeanor was dismissed, and there's nothing lease on your record, you should be able to get your permit. If you have a conviction, then you need to disclose that and your chances are less.

Attorney Bonanno's answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should carefully consider advice from an attorney hired and who has all facts necessary to properly advise a client, which is why these answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship.

2. I agree with what was said above. I would first look into the conviction history to determine exactly what happened to the assault case many years ago and whether it is still on your record. With that information, you should re-apply and disclose. An attorney can certainly help you with this process, especially one familiar with the pistol permit process and the board of firearms permit examiners (appeals) process.

Good luck!

Attorney Mark D. Colson
    Colson Law Firm, LLC
    40 Russ Street
    Hartford, CT 06106
    860.263.0055 - Tel
    860.838.2822 - Fax
    mark@colsonlawfirm.com
    http://www.colsonlawfirm.com