Can you get ssi if you are scared of going outside and people you don't know

Alpena, MI |

my sister was murdered and now im scared to do anything like go out side to go some where. and I cant bring my self to meet new people cuz I think every one is the same as the person that murdered my sister

If you can prove that you are unable to work any job in this Country on a regular and sustained basis, 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, 40 hours a week, then you may be eligible for SSI and/or SSD.
It always helps if you are receiving treatment for your condition(s) as well.
Even if you can not leave the house because of your condition, there are facilities that assist people with these conditions and there are therapists that will come to your house.
For people under the age of 50, it is already an uphill climb but without medical documentation to support the allegation(s), it can be extremely difficult, if not a waste of time.
You should contact a social security attorney to discuss the specifics of your case to determine if a claim exists.
Most social security attorneys give free consultations.

Thomas H. Rosenhagen

Thomas H. Rosenhagen

Mr. Lupisella is correct. The question will come down to the severity of your condition and whether you can prove the disability with adequate medical/psychological evidence. These types of conditions are extremely challenging and the proper evidence is a must if there is to be any viable chance of success.

You may qualify for SSI if you can show a medically determinable impairment, which in your case may be post traumatic stress disorder or anxiety disorder due to your traumatic event. A therapist or doctor will be able to identify the exact diagnosis. You then must show your impairments are so severe it prevents you from being able to perform a job at the minimum significant gainful employment level. An attorney can assist you in proving those items so your best bet would be to contact a disability attorney to discuss your case further as it is very case specific.

The information provided in this answer is not, and should not be taken as legal advice, but rather basic information for viewers to use at their own risk. By submitting this information, no attorney-client relationship has been created.

It's possible. You'll need psychological evidence to support it.

Attorneys on Avvo donate their time and your feedback is appreciated. Be sure to mark the "Best Answer" or Helpful" to your questions.

I'm not an expert on SSI but I will say this: please seek the assistance of a mental health professional to help you deal with your grief and fears.
Your sister wouldn't want you to miss important life experiences.
Best of luck and regards,
marc

One thing is for certain, you are going to have to do more than discuss your problem on this site.

The above response is general information ONLY and is not legal advice, does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should NOT be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney. You should seek the advice of competent counsel before taking any action related to your inquiry.

Recommended articles about Employment