Can you get in trouble for prank call someone? can it be consider harassment?

Asked over 1 year ago - Garden Grove, CA

my friend prank call a girl over a years ago and he was worry if he could get in trouble because this girl is in different state and they only met through myspace and when he prank call he doesnt say anything and just wait till she say hello and hang up... what is the sol on that and what could happen, it was over a years ago

and this girl live really far from him like in different state and she doesnt know much about him... they just met through the social network, and my friend hided his number too. my friend actually talk to this girl like 3 to 4 years ago but things doesnt work out so they stop talking but then 3 years later he just saw her number on his contact list so he just prank call her with number hidden and didnt say anything and just hang up and my friend also have no connection to the state that the girl live in like he never been there or have anything there, the only time he was there was because he have to wait for a flight to continue his destination

1. Joseph Briscoe Dane

Pro

7

1

Answered . Prank calls are covered under 653m of the Penal Code and are misdemeanors. The statute if limitations is one year, so it's probably behind you now. Don't start back up though.

2. Michael Charles Doland

7

Answered . After a year there is little to be concerned about.

3. Hillary Johns

6

Answered . I agree with counsel that enough time has passed that you're probably in the clear although that could change if it were to recur.