Can you get CNA liscenced with 2 misdemeanors ( 1 driving while impaired and a Driving while intoxicated) in a 2 year lapse.

Flushing, NY |

Ive attended rehab for 9 months.

If the DWAI was your first alcohol related riving offense, it is not a misdemeanor. It is a violation (non criminal charge). The DWI would be a misdemeanor.

In my experience, this will not stop you from acquiring your CNA license. Speak to the agency assisting you in being licensed about this. Also, get an alcohol evaluation from a CASAC and follow through with any recommended treatment.

Good luck to you.

Speak with the agency.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

I agree with Mr. Rothstein contact the licensing agency and find out. Best of luck.

This is not intended as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship exists because of this response.