Can you get an insanity plea for first degree arson and get time reduced or go to a hospital to get help

Asked almost 2 years ago - Lenoir, NC

i have a prior class I felony and 2 misdemeanors and i have a past record of drug and alcohol problems i told the detectives i wanted to get help and ive been cooperating with them.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Dustin R. T. Sullivan

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . You can only plea guilty, not guilty, or no contest. Insanity would be a defense you would be claiming if you were to plead not guilty. Speak to an attorney before entering into any plea in dealing with a first degree arson case. You have too much time hanging over your head. Good luck.

    Call Trial Attorney Dustin RT Sullivan at (910) 508-2200 or visit us at to find out more.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,909 answers this week

3,225 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,909 answers this week

3,225 attorneys answering